A project plan (850-1000 words): project idea of a social enterprise that will be developed within the framework of the Social Entrepreneurship programme’s project-based learning method. The project plan should consist of:
- Introduction of a social enterprise idea that you may develop during the Social Entrepreneurship programme. It can be a working enterprise or a completely new idea.
- Clarification of the problem you want to address.
- The target group.
- The expected impact (impact refers to the effect your project/idea has on people, communities, or the environment)
- The plan for a revenue stream.
- Your motivation for the project.
NB! Plagiarised project plans are not accepted in any form and will receive 0 points.
The applicant must show an identification document (passport or ID card) at the beginning of the interview. The interview will be carried out via Zoom and for the purposes of identity verification, the admission committee has the right to record the interview.
The interview is conducted based on the candidate’s application and letter of motivation. There are no additional materials that need to be studied to prepare for the interview. The interview questions vary depending on the candidate and the interviewer. The purpose of the interview is to find out the candidate’s motivation and willingness to study, knowledge of the chosen programme and the field of study.
In the project plan, the assessment entails:
- the demonstration and clarity of a real-life problem and a target group;
- the description of the expected impact on the society/environment;
- the candidate’s ability to convincingly present that he/she can implement the project.
At the interview, the assessment entails:
- the candidate`s interest in the programme and motivation to study in the field by applying common study methods in social sciences;
- capacity to contextualise previous work, study and voluntary activity experience in the frames of the chosen programme;
- In addition, the assessment also considers the general background and field-related knowledge, language proficiency and the ability to engage in analytical discussions.
The program costs 2116 eur per semester. The duration of the program is 2 years.
SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM
Why choose the program?
The programme is intended to be a creative hub, where students not only participate in an academic education but Tallinn University serves as a pre-incubator of new, creative initiatives that might be realized with the help of Estonian e-residency and a very supportive e-government system.